In light of Covid-19 and new governmental restrictions, we are letting you know that Systemnet will continue to be 100% operational.
Our staff will have full productivity and connectivity regardless of location, as part of our activated business continuity plan. While taking into consideration the health and safety of our team and our clients, we will continue to deliver required onsite services.
We are currently doing everything possible to mitigate the supply chain and service disruptions, including working with our vendors and carriers to monitor and advise on potential issues.
As a result of this pandemic, here are some key issues that may impact you:
- Yours and your colleagues’ home ADSL/NBN networks may be put under strain while working from home.
- There is currently a shortage of IT equipment, especially laptops.
- With the impact of the global crisis on the AUD, the price on IT software and hardware are likely to increase.
- There will be an increase in potential cyber threats.
If you are preparing to work remotely and require assistance rolling this out to your staff, please be in touch with your account management team.
Here are some further cyber-security strategies for you to consider that Systemnet can assist you with:
- Putting in place multi-factor authentication (MFA) measures in order to secure all remote access software, webmail and compatible internet facing applications.
- Geo-blocking access to cloud services.
- Restricting access to commonly-attacked services such as VPN providers or Tor nodes.
- Improving staff awareness of cyber-security threats.
For further information on cyber-attack mitigation strategies, you may like to review the following:
We understand this will be a challenging period for everyone, and especially small to medium-sized businesses. As your IT service provider we take your business interests seriously and are here to ensure you are as prepared as possible for any scenario.
Please get in touch and call Systemnet today for a consultation.